The Leatherman Charge AL includes scissors that slice through just about anything, with beveled edges that allow them to get extra close to whatever you're cutting. Bit drivers for versatility, diamond-coated files for detailed work, and a 154CM clip-point knife are all housed in 6061-T6, hard-anodized aluminum alloy handles. The Charge AL takes the idea of a multi-tool up a notch.
- Needlenose Pliers: A cast pinching tool with an angled nose for holding or manipulating materials, ideal for small objects or tight spaces.
- Regular Pliers: A cast pinching tool for holding or manipulating materials.
- Hard-wire Cutters: Bypassing cutting blades ideal for cutting hard wire.
- Wire Cutters: 420 HC stainless steel bypass cutting blades, meant for cutting regular-gauge wire.
- Wire Stripper: A useful notch for safely stripping multiple types of wire.
- 154CM Knife: A knife crafted from 154CM, a high-carbon, high-alloy, and corrosion resistant stainless steel that holds its edge three times as long as 420 stainless steel.
- 420HC Serrated Knife: A toothed blade crafted from 420HC stainless steel. Serrations grab and cut materials easily, making this style of blade exceptionally useful for cutting through rope or fiber.
- Saw: A toothed tool made from 420HC stainless steel that is designed to work on a pull motion, which requires less effort and has less propensity for breakage. The open-tooth design keeps the saw from filling up with material, allowing the user to complete a job without pausing to clean the tool.
- Spring-action Scissors: Scissors for cutting paper or other light materials that automatically spring back to the open position when not being used. Sprung tools are helpful for reducing hand-fatigue, especially in scissors where the user may be opening and closing the tool many times to make multiple cuts in a row.
- Ruler (8 in | 19 cm): A precise measuring guide for determining length in inches or centimeters, up to 8 inches or 19 centimeters.
- Can Opener: A lever/punch style tool to assist in opening canned goods, perfect for camping or in survival situations. The blade on this tool has been ground in a way that it pushes the cut metal into the rim, keeping sharp edges from cutting the user as the can is handled.
- Bottle Opener: A tool that allows the user to pop the top on a favorite beverage.
- Wood/Metal File: A 420HC stainless steel tool with a crisscross pattern that forms a rough surface for the user to file or smooth both wood and metal surfaces. The file pattern on Leatherman files is extended to the end of the file as well as down the side to give a file stoke and/or a more precise file edge.
- Diamond-coated File: A stainless steel blank coated with premium synthetic diamond particles which create a rough surface that can be used to sharpen hard steel blades with much more precision than wood/metal files.
- Large Bit Driver: This driver slot holds any of the full-size Leatherman tool bits in place and allows the user to exchange bits for different jobs. Not intended for the eyeglass screwdriver tip.
- Small Bit Driver: This small driver slot holds the Leatherman mini tool bit in place and allows the user to use either end of the bit for different jobs. It is not intended for use with full-size screwdriver bits.
- Medium Screwdriver: A flat bladed screwdriver tooled from 420HC stainless steel, intended for use on medium slotted screws.
420HC STAINLESS STEEL
An improved, high-carbon (HC) form of 420 stainless steel that works well with high production tooling. 420HC's strength is optimized in Leatherman multi-tools by heat treatment.154CM STAINLESS STEEL
A high carbon, high alloy, and corrosion resistant stainless steel that holds its edge three times as long as 420 stainless steel. This steel is used on some premium Leatherman tool features, such as knife blades and wire cutters.6061-T6 HARD-ANODIZED ALUMINUM
A heat treatable, aero-grade aluminum alloy that is extremely durable yet lightweight. 6061-T6 is used on handle scales in Leatherman multi-tools to reduce weight without losing strength.
CLOSED LENGTH: 4 in | 10 cm
WEIGHT: 8.3 oz | 235 g
PRIMARY BLADE LENGTH: 2.9 in | 7.37 cm