- 1279 MHz Boost clock for better performance and outstanding gaming experience.
- DirectCU II with 0dB fan technology lets you enjoy light games in complete silence, and hardcore gaming 30% cooler with 3X-quieter performance!
- DIGI+ VRM with 10-phase Super Alloy Power delivers precise digital power for superior efficiency, reliability, and performance.
- GPU Tweak helps you modify clock speeds, voltages, fan performance and more, all via an intuitive interface.
- GPU Tweak Streaming share on-screen action in real time – so others can watch live as games are played.
- The Ultimate PC Gaming Platform get game ready with GeForce®GTX
Taken from the ancient Roman and Greek word for owl, Strix means the keenest hearing and sharpest eyesight. Strix means feeling your environment so that you detect and react to the slightest movement. Strix means survival on the very edge of instinct. Strix is in your blood, as it is in ours.
ASUS Strix GTX 980 gaming graphics cards packed with exclusive ASUS technologies, including DirectCU II for cooler, quieter and faster performance for incredible action gaming, and 0dB fan technology for light gameplay in total silence and Blu-ray movie playback that's free from distracting background noise. Strix GTX 980 features exclusive ASUS DIGI+ voltage-regulator module (VRM) technology and 10-phase Super Alloy Power components for enhanced durability and cooling. Strix GTX 980 has 4GB of high-speed GDDR5 video memory.
DirectCU II with 0dB Fan Technology
30% cooler. Silent gaming.
Exclusive DirectCU II cooling technology outperforms reference designs with an exclusive 10mm heatpipe that transports 40% more heat away from the GPU — a first for the industry! The design also includes 220%-larger heat-dissipation: this means performance that's 30% and three-times (3X) quieter than reference for ultra-stable hardcore gaming with very low noise. And Strix ups the ante still further with 0dB fan technology that lets you enjoy games like League of Legends® and StarCraft® in complete silence — because the fan stops completely when the GPU temperature remains below a set level.
performance vary from system configuration and usage
DIGI+ VRM with Super Alloy Power
30% less power noise and 2.5X greater durability
Acclaimed DIGI+ VRM has been applied via a 10-phase power design that uses digital voltage regulators to minimize power noise by 30%, enhance power efficiency by 15%, widen voltage modulation tolerance, and improve overall stability and longevity by 2.5 times over reference.